Pages

.

#RPGaDay 2017 Day 23: Which RPG Has the Most Jaw-Dropping Layout?

I know we're all supposed to be Kumbuya during #RPGaDay, but I am seriously not the proper demographic for Day 23:

"Which RPG Has the Most Jaw-Dropping Layout?"

My biggest confession of this month?

I absolutely despise everything about "Modern" RPG Publishing, especially the layouts.

Seriously folks.  Black ink on white paper, some token artwork, and keep the sidebars chock full of appropriate info, and I will buy as many products of yours as you can produce.  I am certainly not the gamer demographic everyone is targeting.

Full-color, glossy paper, eye-popping extravaganzas?  Your sixty dollar book will find its way to my local con's auction in the next six years and might fetch five bucks.  Easy to read content is better than luxurious fluff.

We're having the same problem in the wargaming (non-GW) community: super fancy $50 rulebooks when the content couldn't hold a candle to something as basic as Laserburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment